Tim Jordan is the Founder of Private Label Legion, a community of sellers and entrepreneurs who come together to share ideas, impart knowledge, and create a solid network. He is a well-known Amazon seller, host of the AM/PM Podcast, and Chief Growth Officer at SellersFunding.
Tim sells on both Amazon and Shopify and is currently working on a crowdfunding project which he is documenting to share his path to success with other entrepreneurs. Started with contraband candy bars, and now we’re here!
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Tim got to work as a firefighter while in college and why he left 10 years later to go into entrepreneurship
- Tim‘s experience selling “Me-Too” products versus “Differentiated” products on Amazon
- How Tim sources products from different parts of the world for his business
- The workshops and trips Tim organizes, what he teaches people, and how he finds new and trending product ideas
- Tim’s product validation process and his advice to fellow entrepreneurs on choosing the right products
- Tim shares his experience being suspended on Amazon because of intellectual property violations and what he learned about using generic names for brand names and trademarks
- Where to learn more and connect with Tim Jordan
In this episode…
When Tim Jordan started his e-commerce business on Amazon, he opted for the “Me-Too” type of business: that is, he sold products that had high keyword searches and other sellers were selling. He also made the common mistake of finding a high-selling product and sourcing it from China for resale without considering the trademark and intellectual property infringement violations it may create. So, what happened from there? He ended up with a suspended account and a lesson learned, which he now shares with other entrepreneurs and e-commerce sellers.
In this episode, Tim Jordan, Founder of Private Label Legion, is interviewed by Rich Goldstein, host of the Innovations and Breakthroughs podcast, about his process of sourcing and launching e-commerce products on Amazon. He explains how he got started in entrepreneurship, why he loves working with sourcing agents, and the lessons he learned from selling “Me-Too” products on Amazon.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Private Label Legion
- The AM/PM Podcast
- Private Label Legion on Facebook
- Private Label Legion Facebook Group
- Tim Jordan on LinkedIn
- Tim Jordan on YouTube
- Helium 10
- Project X: Amazon FBA Case Study with Helium10
- ASD Market Week
- Canton Fair
- Marfan Syndrome
- The Centurion League
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at [email protected] to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’