To support the marketing efforts of the firm, Goldstein P. C. collects and processes personal data relating to your interests, preferences and interactions with the firm.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
• Contact Data includes office address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- How your personal data is collected and stored
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us in person, by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– apply for our services;
– subscribe to our service or publications;
– request marketing to be sent to you;
– enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
– give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
– Technical Data from analytics providers; and
– Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and company websites.
- How we use your personal data and the legal basis for doing so
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
• where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
• where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You have the right to withdraw consent for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal grounds we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
5.1. Third-party marketing
We do not currently engage with third parties to distribute marketing material. However, we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Goldstein P. C. group of companies for marketing purposes.
5.2. Opting out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages you may still receive communications from us in relation to a service purchase, service experience or other transaction that you have entered into with us.
- Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Internal Third Parties who process our marketing materials, such as email services (like Constant Contact), or CRM software to manage our initial informational intake (such as Infusionsoft) etc.
• External Third Parties who help us analyze user traffic patterns or other processes, such as Google Analytics.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie is specific to your computer and may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time you accessed our website and what parts of the website were visited. We collect this information to monitor the usage and usefulness of our website and for statistical purposes. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to refuse receiving it.
This Website uses Google Analytics
This Website May Utilize Google AdWords, Remarketing, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, Custom Audiences and Potentially Other Online Advertising
Services and Tactics
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin or visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads
On Facebook, users can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting and learn more atwww.aboutads.info/choices and https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads
We may also use other 3rd party remarketing services and/or other online advertising services such as Bing Ads, Facebook, LinkedIN, and others.
We also may use Google’s “cross-device functionality” to show ads to signed-in google users who have chosen to enable Google to associate their web and app browsing history with their Google account, and to use such information from their Google account to personalize ads.
Google Analytics collects Google-authenticated identifiers associated with users’ Google Accounts (and therefore, personal information). Google Analytics temporarily joins these identifiers to our Google Analytics data in order for you to be shown ads of web sites like ours, on devices other than the device you used when you first visited our website. To disable this, you can do so inside your google account and adjust your privacy settings.
This Website May Also Use “Call Tracking” Numbers
This website may also track phone calls made to the phone number(s) listed on its web pages or phone numbers listed in ads on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook or other platforms displaying our phone number on ads. When a caller makes a call to a call tracking number, standard callerID information is passed onto the 3rd party call tracking service and made available to us. In addition, information such as the keyword used and other information related to the ad that was clicked may also be provided to us. Callers wishing to minimize the information passed on to the service may block callerID information prior to making the call or may instead of calling, contact us using the email request form on our web site.
- Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- How long we retain and use personal data of marketing contacts
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Data for marketing purposes is retained for as long as it is relevant unless consent is withdrawn as outlined above.
If consent is withdrawn records will be deleted with the exception of the email address which will be retained on an unsubscribed list to ensure we do not contact you further.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure in our glossary.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.