David Jitendranath is a digital transformation specialist and the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer of MOBILE-DI. With his expertise, he helps small and mid-sized businesses scale using technology. He is known affectionately in the tech space as “The 30 Day App Guy”.
David is a senior technical consultant in information technology and software development with over 18 years of experience. He has proven leadership capabilities in consulting for mobile strategies, web application development, and enterprise Java-based solutions and holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science and a Bachelor’s degree in Physics from Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- The different categories of innovation
- The role technology plays in business and marketing
- How disruptive innovation works and the benefits of pivoting
- David talks about his upcoming product for the salon and spa industry
- David’s strategies for delivering a valuable customer experience
- What are the benefits of using the business model canvas?
- How disruptive innovation can lead to the creation of new markets
- The role intellectual property (IP) plays in innovation
- How to get in touch with David Jitendranath
In this episode…
Disruptive innovation occurs when something new comes into a market and dismantles what is already in that space. Technological advancements play a big role in innovation and have brought about many changes and disruptions in different sectors of the economy.
Technology also increases the chances for success when it comes to innovation because you can get feedback from your target audience faster than ever before. This means you can pivot or make the appropriate changes as needed, which has prompted more industries to prioritize adapting to new technology.
David Jitendranath, a digital transformation specialist, and the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer of MOBILE-DI, is Rich Goldstein’s guest in this episode of Innovations and Breakthroughs, and talks in-depth about the role of technology in disruptive innovation. David starts by differentiating between the types of innovation out there before diving into the benefits of technology in different types of businesses.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- David Jitendranath on LinkedIn
- Email – [email protected]
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers by Geoffrey A. Moore
- Google Ventures
- The Design Sprint
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers by Alexander Osterwalder
- Rich Goldstein’s interview with Justin Chen from PickFu
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at [email protected] to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’