Steve Simonson is an entrepreneur who has grown numerous companies over the past three decades and made over a billion dollars worth of product sales. He’s been on the Inc. 500 list for three years in a row and has contributed a great deal to the entrepreneur community, especially in e-commerce and the Amazon Seller world.
Steve created the Catalyst 88 Mastermind Group and more recently, the Empowery, a nonprofit e-commerce cooperative that helps members save money and gain access to product services, and also to create a community that advocates for the interest of e-commerce businesses.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [02:58] How Steve Simonson comes up with new ideas
- [07:24] How to find manufacturers for new products
- [09:23] Case studies of innovative products that were not patented
- [15:15] How Steve keeps his team cohesive
- [19:24] Having a collective voice for eCommerce & Amazon sellers
- [24:50] What Steve has learned from interviewing entrepreneurs on his podcast
- [27:40] Steve’s advice for entrepreneurs thinking of coming up with product ideas
- [29:48] Steve’s resources
In this episode…
An entrepreneur or innovator can come up with a product idea that may seem counterintuitive to the goals or mission of a firm. It may end up being pushed back by the factories or people in the know & be dismissed as not good enough.
But according to Steve, the innovator has to push past all the traditional wisdom to see if that idea really has merit to go into production.
Steve Simonson joins Richard Goldstein in this episode to talk about how Steve & his team come up with new innovative products, the importance of having a collective voice for eCommerce sellers, and Steve’s advice to other fellow entrepreneurs.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- The Patent Process
- Email: email@example.com
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’