Rich Goldstein is the Principal Patent Attorney at Goldstein Patent Law and has been an attorney for over 25 years. He’s the go-to person if you want your Intellectual Property protected with a patent or trademark.
Rich is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Division, New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA), and Licensing Executives Society (LES). He is also the author of the book “The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.”
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [01:44] What is this show all about & who should be listening?
- [03:18] The young Rich Goldstein and how he got into law practice
- [09:47] Selling beauty supplies
- [11:17] How Rich started his own practice right after law school
- [12:07] Rich’s magazine & other marketing methods at the beginning of his career
- [16:50] Trends & inventions from the past
- [18:58] Patenting Apps & ads in phones
- [21:16] Challenges & highlights in Rich’s career
- [24:46] Example of a hard-fought battle Rich worked on
- [27:01] Rich’s best piece of advice for inventors
In this episode…
Patent law involves being an engineer so that you can understand the technology behind inventions and being a lawyer so that you can demonstrate what makes something different & worthy of a patent.
Most people go into law school not sure what field of law they’ll go into once they graduate. But Rich Goldstein had already figured out what he wanted to do before joining. Patent law is a unique field in the Law & if you had not planned for it before hearing about it in Law school, you may not get to practice it.
In this episode, Rich Goldstein, the host of the show, is interviewed by Dr. Jeremy Weisz about his background, how he got interested in patent law, starting his own practice right after law school, and patenting Apps & ads.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- The Patent Process
- Email: email@example.com
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’