Kate Hancock is a serial entrepreneur, international speaker, and mother of two. She has built four highly successful businesses in less than 10 years, among them an e-commerce brand that she started with a $20 investment that grew to over a million dollars in revenue and over 15 million in online sales within a year.
Kate also created one of the top hotels in the Philippines and a spa that has been named twice in the Inc 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. Kate has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Inc, USA Today, and many more.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Kate Hancock and Rich Goldstein talk about joining Clubhouse, the rooms they have participated in, and how they met
- How networking on Clubhouse led to Rich’s appearance on two movies
- How Kate created and managed long-running communities on the app and how she arranges physical meetups for entrepreneurs
- Kate talks about her background, selling on Amazon, and the lessons she learned from e-commerce
- How Kate started businesses in the hotel and skincare industries
- Kate talks about her new business venture
- Where to learn more and get in touch with Kate
In this episode…
Entrepreneurship starts with creative people identifying a need in the market and coming up with solutions to meet those needs. When the solution created is targeted to people experiencing that common problem, a business experiences success.
After Kate Hancock joined Clubhouse and realized that many people were looking for information about growing successful businesses, she started her own room to help. This turned out to be a great success, the room lasted a long time, and she was able to help entrepreneurs solve their problems. Later, she went on to start a club outside of Clubhouse where she continues to help entrepreneurs create and run successful businesses.
In this episode of the Innovations and Breakthroughs Podcast, Rich Goldstein is joined by Kate Hancock, a serial entrepreneur, to discuss what it takes to run a million-dollar business. They share their experiences joining and participating in Clubhouse rooms, Kate’s background in the Philippines, and the businesses started by Kate. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich Goldstein’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Kate Hancock
- Kate Hancock on LinkedIn
- Kate Hancock on Instagram
- Monica Floyd on IMDb
- Monica Floyd on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at email@example.com to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’