Joe Valley is a Partner at Quiet Light Brokerage, one of the leading online-focused M&A Advisory firms in the world. He is also a serial entrepreneur, best-selling author, podcaster, EXITpreneur, and advisor.
Joe has built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies and mentored thousands of entrepreneurs on their exit strategies. His book, The EXITPreneur’s Playbook, shares real-life stories of successful and failed exits and strategies for achieving your own amazing exit.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Joe Valley’s entrepreneurial background, the lessons he’s learned, and how he uses that knowledge to help others prepare their exit strategy
- Joe’s advice on choosing the type of people to work with
- Why business owners need to start preparing early for an exit and how the increase in FBA aggregators helps businesses train for exits
- The role intellectual property (IP) plays in preparing businesses for their exit
- Joe’s book and the four pillars that affect the value of a business
- Joe explains how being a good human being helps you become a great exitpreneur
- Where to learn more and get in touch with Joe
In this episode…
In order to build a thriving and sustainable company, it is important to hire people who are not only very skilled but who are also able to handle every aspect of the business while you are away. Plus, it’s an added bonus if your company owns intellectual property (IP). Why? Because then, your business looks more attractive to potential buyers.
If your company owns IP, a buyer will see a lower risk level and higher value. Joe Valley, Partner at Quiet Light Brokerage and serial entrepreneur, says that this makes it easier for you to sell and exit the business — and can increase its value even before the sale. IP ownership makes your business more competitive, too. So, how do you begin?
In this episode of the Innovations and Breakthroughs Podcast, Rich Goldstein is joined by Joe Valley, a serial entrepreneur and Partner at Quiet Light Brokerage, to find out how he helps business owners prepare for a successful exit. Joe also talks about his book, what investors look for when buying a business, and the importance of having intellectual property when preparing for an exit. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich Goldstein’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Quiet Light Brokerage
- Joe Valley on LinkedIn
- The EXITPreneur’s Playbook: How to Sell Your Online Business for Top Dollar by Reverse Engineering Your Pathway to Success by Joe Valley
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’