Jason Boyce is the Founder of Avenue7Media. He is an entrepreneur and innovator who started selling on Amazon in 2003. Being an expert in e-commerce, he built an eight-figure Amazon business that he later sold.
Jason currently helps Amazon sellers and other e-commerce sellers to develop their listings, build their businesses, and get through whatever challenges they’re currently facing in the business world.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Jason Boyce got started in the e-commerce space
- How Jason got invited by Amazon in 2003 to sell his products on the Amazon’s website
- The untold story of Amazon’s success and why they’re not hungry for seller
- How Jason helps e-commerce and Amazon sellers
- Jason talks about his experiences with intellectual property issues and how he was able to protect his trademarks, products, and IPs
- When should a business spend money in defense of its IP rights?
- Jason explains how Amazon’s brand registry helps protect a brand
- The basis of a strong trademark & examples of nonsensical brand names submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- What are arbitrary and coined trademarks?
- How to convert bad reviews into positive testimonials
- Jason’s consulting work and the software tools he has innovated
- Jason’s advice for someone who wants to innovate & launch a new product
In this episode…
When Jason Boyce started out in e-commerce, his first company sold basketball hoops. He grew that business and in 2003, he received a call from Amazon inviting him to start selling his products on the Amazon website. This company turned into an eight-figure business which he eventually sold in 2013, and since then, the wheels of success have not stopped for him.
Jason, who founded Avenue7Media, has gained a lot of exposure and knowledge in running e-commerce businesses over the years. And this is why he is an expert and a definite go-to person for businesses who want to leave their mark on Amazon the way he did.
Join Rich Goldstein in this episode of Innovations and Breakthroughs podcast, as he talks to Jason Boyce about his career and the work he does with Amazon sellers and e-commerce business owners in order to bring their company to the next level. Jason will be sharing insights on how to get a strong foothold in the ever-competitive e-commerce space, things to keep in mind when it comes to IPs and trademarks, and find out how a bad review can be turned into a raving testimonial. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent by Rich Goldstein
- Jason’s email: email@example.com
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Amazon Brand Registry
- Rick Cesari
- Jason Boyce on Twitter
- Jason Boyce on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’