Nathan Hirsch is a serial entrepreneur and a renowned expert in remote hiring and e-commerce. At one point, he had more than half a million products on Amazon that were selling for more than 1000 different dropshippers. Some of his other career milestones include co-founding FreeUp in 2015 with an initial investment of $5,000—which he scaled to $12 million in revenue before it was acquired in 2019.
Recently, Nathan co-founded Outsource School, where he teaches entrepreneurs how to outsource like a pro and create more freedom in their lives. With his expertise, he helps them hire reliable rockstar virtual assistants and create effective processes for their businesses.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Nathan got started with entrepreneurship in college
- What working with virtual assistants (VAs) taught Nathan about outsourcing and hiring
- Nathan’s reasons for creating FreeUp and how the idea for Outsource School came about
- Nathan talks about his decision to continue working with his business partner in a new business
- Nathan’s advice to business owners on hiring and delegating work
- The role company culture plays in an outsourced team
- Why Nathan loves B2B businesses and cultivating relationships with entrepreneurs
- Where to learn more about Outsource School
In this episode…
When starting a new business, most entrepreneurs find it challenging to track down people with the right skills and expertise to hire. All entrepreneurs have a desire to grow their businesses—and without the right people, it’s next to impossible to get your venture off the ground.
Nathan Hirsch faced the same obstacle when he started his e-commerce business while in college. He began by hiring his friends, but after learning about virtual assistants (VAs), he started hiring them to help with his company. This transition proved monumental for his career. And when other entrepreneurs started asking for his guidance in finding and hiring the right VAs, he created a website to help them connect.
Rich Goldstein, host of the Innovations and Breakthroughs Podcast, is joined by Nathan Hirsch, Co-Founder of FreeUp and Outsource School, to talk about Nathan’s mission to help entrepreneurs find the right talent for their business. They talk about the value of outsourcing, the role company culture plays in an outsourced team, and what Nathan has learned about delegating work.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich Goldstein’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Outsource School
- Nathan Hirsch on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at [email protected] to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’