Rick Cesari has been a pioneer in brand response advertising since the early ‘90s. One of his early successes was Juiceman Juicer, which he brought to over $75 million in sales. After he sold that company, he created Cesari Media, which has been the force behind numerous household brands, such as the George Foreman grill, Sonicare, Rug Doctor, and many others.
Rick also worked with GoPro and created a famous television marketing campaign that helped grow the company from a start-up to over a billion dollars in sales. In his latest book, Video Persuasion, Rick shows small business owners, entrepreneurs, and Amazon sellers how to use video marketing techniques that have been proven effective by the big brands in their own businesses.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why having a Unique Selling Proposition (USP) is important according to Rick Cesari
- How Sonicare capitalized on their product patent and the benefits of patenting a new product
- How to decide which ideas or products to patent
- Rick talks about the roles intellectual property has played in the products he’s launched and other businesses’ products
- How George Foreman ended up pitching grills
- Rick’s advice on using direct response marketing when launching a new product
- The roles an inventor should play in pitching their own products
- An overview of Rick’s book, Video Persuasion, and what it teaches about video marketing
- Rick’s advice for people who are about to launch a product
In this episode…
If you want to stand out in the increasingly competitive global market, you need to give your product or service an edge that’s a cut above the rest. Product differentiation is a pivotal piece in your marketing strategy and it will serve as your ticket to making a huge turnout in sales.
But how do you make people know that your product is different from everything else that’s available in the market? By leveraging on a Unique Selling Point (USP).
Tune in to this week’s episode of the Innovations & Breakthroughs Podcast as Rich Goldstein interviews marketing guru Rick Cesari about the importance of having the right Intellectual Property strategy, the value of using direct response marketing when launching a new product, benefits of patenting a new product to your business, and many more. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rick Cesari’s website
- Rick Cesari on LinkedIn
- Direct Branding website
- Video Persuasion by Rick Cesari
- The Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at email@example.com to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’