Andrew Erickson is a multimillion-dollar amazon seller. He’s created over 60 uniquely designed products and is passionate about design and automation.
Andrew is also the host of the Amazon Conversations podcast (Zon Con podcast). He is a mentor & leader in the Titan Network, the exclusive invite-only mastermind for elite Amazon sellers.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [01:57] Andrew’s background & how he started designing products
- [06:57] Andrew’s advice for starting out in developing products
- [11:35] How to investigate whether a product is sellable
- [15:10] How Andrew innovates by improving an existing product
- [17:12] The process of designing a product
- [26:53] How to test the waters before launching a product
- [31:10] How Rich Goldstein helps clients design & patent their products
- [33:28] Andrew Erickson’s resources
In this episode…
Andrew wanted to get a gift for his roommate for his birthday but there was a problem getting it in time. He had to wait for about 4 weeks yet the birthday was only a few days away. He then decided to take up the task himself and create it.
After having success in the creative process, Andrew thought of making more products & putting them up for sale on Etsy. He ended up selling couple hundred units. The experience inspired him and he ended up hiring people to help with making the product, packaging, & marketing.
Andrew Erickson joins Rich Goldstein in this episode to talk about his designs & the design process, how he uses keyword demand to find out if there’s a demand for a product, and how Rich Goldstein helps clients patent their product designs.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Goldstein Patent Law
- Rich’s book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent
- Amazon Conversations Podcast
- Andrew Erickson’s website
- ‘How I Built This’ Podcast
- The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
- Titan Network Use the invite code: Andrew
- Andrew on Instagram
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Goldstein Patent Law, a firm that helps protect inventors’ ideas and products. They have advised and obtained patents for thousands of companies over the past 25 years. So if you’re a company that has a software, product, or design you want protected, you can go to https://goldsteinpatentlaw.com/. They have amazing free resources for learning more about the patent process.
You can email their team at email@example.com to explore if it’s a match to work together. Rich Goldstein has also written a book for the American Bar Association that explains in plain English how patents work, which is called ‘The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.’