While most patent attorneys do not work with individual inventors, Richard Goldstein has built a career on working with both individual inventors and start-up companies.
- His approach includes listening to and understanding their goals and needs.
- Providing custom-tailored representation.
- Offering specific guidance to keep their project moving toward their individual goals.
He has given critical advice to more than 10,000 inventors, and has obtained nearly 2,000 patents for his clients.
He has educated thousands more about the patent process through his seminars, educational videos, and best selling book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.
He also works directly with executives to help them make effective decisions to protect their IP, meet their business goals, and leverage the value of what they have already created.
Rich is actively exploring new ways to help our clients in many domains.
Recently Rich attended, participated, or spoke at the following events — exploring the intersection between IP Law, Design, and Innovation:
- AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute, Tampa FL
- LIFT, Geneva Switzerland
- AIPLA Patent Small Claims Court meeting, Chicago
- AIPLA IP Practice in Europe:
- NYIPLA Judges Dinner, NY, NY
- ABA IPL Section Washington, DC
- Business Design Summit, Berlin
- NEXT13, Berlin
- School for Design Thinking, Potsdam, DE
- TEDx Times Square, NY, NY
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Barcelona, Spain
- IP Business Conference, Boston, Mass
- WIPO World IP Day, Fordham Law School, NY, NY
- AIPLA Spring Meeting, Seattle, WA
- FICPI ABC Meeting, New Orleans, LA
- Traffic & Conversion Conference, San Diego, CA
- NYIPLA Annual Meeting
- AIPLA Women in IP Cross Country Networking Event, NY, NY
- ABA LP Division, West Palm Beach, FL
- AIPLA, NYIPLA China Symposium, Cardozo Law School, NY, NY
- IPBC, Boston MA
- ABA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA
- School for Design Thinking, D-Vision Day, Berlin
- NEXT Service Design, Berlin
- Open Knowledge Conference, Geneva Switzerland
- FICPI Open Forum, Sorrento, Italy
- ABA Law Practice Division, Phoenix, AZ
- AIPLA Annual Meeting, Washington, DC
- FICPI Open Forum, Barcelona, Spain
- TEDx Times Square, New York, NY
- 51st Annual Patent Law Institute, Plano, TX
- Content & Commerce, Los Angeles, CA
- FICPI Open Forum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Catylst88, Seattle, WA
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Electrical Engineering, 1991
- Brooklyn Law School, 1994
Admitted to practice:
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), 1993
- New York, 1995
- Speaker: “Managing a Patent Prosecution Team”
- Speaker: “Why Don’t They Think Like I do?”
- Business Design Summit, Berlin 2013
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Division
- Federation International des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle (FICPI)
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Founder of Stand With Staten Island, Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Team in Training: Leukemia Lymphoma Society
- Vice Chair, Law Practice Management Committee: American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Editorial Board Member, Law Practice Magazine and Law Practice Today webzine: American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Division:
- Professional Excellence Committee (PEC): Federation International des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle (FICPI)